To get ultimate performance out of your urethane expendable parts we suggest the following:
- Make sure you have a good watering system. Pistons need cool water at high volumes in order to reduce the heat created from friction with the liner. Clean, fresh water can make all of the difference.
- When changing parts, make sure the pistons and liners are properly lubricated. Running a piston dry will increase friction within the liner causing unnecessary wear on both parts. Play it safe and always lubricate your piston upon it’s initial run.
- Always use pistons that correspond best with the type of mud being used. Most pistons on the market are not suited for all applications. To get the longest life out of your parts, choose parts that are made of the highest quality materials available and are best suited for the job.
- We suggest rotating your pistons within the liner every 100 hours, especially if your liners aren’t brand new. A piston’s life can be shortened if it runs consistently over a damaged spot in the liner for a long period of time. Getting in the habit of rotating your pistons within the liners will help to prolong the life of both mud pump parts.
Upon initial installation, a pulsation dampener bladder is charged with nitrogen. We have found that not everyone is familiar with the amount of nitrogen needed. A good starting point, or average, is between 800-900 psi but this varies depending on the pressure your mud pump is pumping. Another way to figure out the appropriate amount is to divide your average pump pressure in half but, in any case, do not exceed 2500 psi.
- Been in oilfield expendables business for 35 years, focusing on urethane parts for 20.
- Parts made from the highest quality urethane available.
- Limited product selection which means we are highly focused and specialized.
- Top-notch customer service.
- Our products have been thoroughly tested and proven to last longer than our competition.
- We have the best extreme conditions parts on the market – HT piston rated for 300 degrees & 7500 PSI. We also make a HT/HP bladder.
- Our parts allow for longer run times which means fewer changes, money saved and downtime reduced.
- Our urethane expendables are individually hand-poured and crafted.